5.20.2008

Pints for Pets Brewfest


So I finally broke my beerfest cherry, and I had a damn good time doing it. Well organized, no real assholes (except Dave and Justin), and loads of good beer.

PA was well represented. East End was a standout for me. The Gose, while not yet carbonated, was great to try and a really unique drinking experience. The Monkey Boy Hefe was delicious, which is saying alot, since I normally hate wheat beers, and the Big Hop is always great. It was nice to see Voodoo there, and it seems their brews have improved since I first tried them. In particular, the Voodoo Love Child was outstanding. Elk Creek was one I'd never heard of, and not bad at all. I wasn't wowed by the IPA or stout, but the porter was AMAZING! Bullfrog's Single was a trip to try - funky and sweet and quite refreshing. Their Red Star Belgian Ale was also delicious. They seem to know what they're doing when it comes to the Belgians. Johnstown showed up with their new brewmaster, and while I didn't like the porter, the IPA was tasty tasty. It was great to try Abbey Wright's brews again, and the Scottish was the standout. Red Star's Coffee Porter was a bit of a dissapointment. And, as always, Church Brew Millennium Tripel is a treat. On top of that, Unibroue had a hell of a line up. Seigneuriale was really fun to drink, and the 17 wasn't too bad either. Dogfish Head's Fort is always great, but not more than a little bit.

The ride back is a bit of a blur.. I may have made a fool of myself, who knows. But, at least I don't look like these guys..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did I really look that drunk / Asian?

Jon (aka santoslhalper) said...

Normally you do my friend. I'm sorry.. I love Dave in that picture. He looks like a Vietnam Vet gone berserk.