1.25.2009

Eyedz uv MRCH

Muckney Brewing - Ides of March.

Great looking beer. Deep, dark, brutally black with a strong tan head that leaves plentiful lacing. Nice roasty smell with lots of alcohol heat and an interesting spiciness. I get some cinnamon mixed in with chocolate, coffee, molasses, maple syrup and subtle fruitiness. The taste has lots of espresso and chocolate, with simple but tasty roasted malt notes and piny hops. Very full, creamy mouthfeel.

One note, this year guys, turn it up. More roasted malts. More black malts. More alcohol. Hell, lots more bittering hops. This brew is clean as shit and fantastically crafted, but it's just shy of making me cream my pants. All the flavors are there, and goddamn are they great, but take it to the next level. Make it kick my ass, alright?

I love ya'll and can't wait to see you in a few weeks. You best have brews for me, alright? Gonna try the QB soon (maybe tonight) and will post my thoughts. Muckney Brewing? More like Fuck Me Brewing.

Side note: We are brewing a big ol' organic pilsner tomorrow at Earth. Ober Spliner. Should have some for the meeting. Scotch on now and it is damn good.

No comments: