2.28.2008

Monster, The Big Lebowski, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Easily 3 of the greatest movies ever made, and I've been lucky enough to watch all of them in the last week.

Monster - What a freaking fantastic movie. It takes a truly special film to accomplish what this one does - it makes the unthinkable seem absolutely and 100% real. Somehow, in some magical way, you end up feeling sorry for and, if your a puss-bag like me, crying (just a little I swear) for a mass murdering lesbian whore. Her speech at the end is just heart wrenching. And how about Charlize Theron's performance? Holy God! One of the best performances of our time.

The Big Lebowski - It had been a while since I actually sat down and watched this movie. How fucking hilarious is this? This is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen! Jeff Bridges absolutely murders it, no questions asked, and John Goodman and Steve Buscemi are both stellar as well. Every time I see this film I laugh even harder. This is one of the few comedies from the 90's that has actually stood the test of time for me.


Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Hands down one of the most clever and unique movies I've ever seen, with two phenomenal performances from Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet. This movie was produced with no special effects. Everything you see is just great camera work and directing. Such cool shots, interesting scenes, and mind numbing acting, not to mention a great story, make this one of my favorite dramas of all time. Every time I watch it, I catch about 20 things I'd never seen before. A masterpiece.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Never seen Monster, but Big Lebowski and Eternal Sunshine are two of my favorites. There is not a single bad character in Lebowski. Even Tara Reid is believable, mainly because she plays herself as a dumb whore. As far as Eternal Sunshine, I'll say this: after I watched it the first time, it was over around 12:30 or 1 in the morning and I had to go for a walk. It is just intense.