6.02.2008

2003 Le Coq Imperial Stout


I've been saving this one for a special occasion and I figured tonight was the night. What's the occasion? I'm thirsty!

Rich, deep black body with no head at all. The aroma is incredibly alcoholic, backed by dark fruit, molasses, soy sauce, vinegar, chocolate and espresso notes. Brutally strong taste! Very malty and focused on the dark side of things - soy sauce, roasted malts, brown sugar, espresso, port, oak, bourbon, chocolate cake, fudge, and so much more. The lack of carbonation doesn't bother me in this brew. The flavors are so strong and intense that you have to sip it. This is really a fantastic imperial stout, and I hope to brew something along this line real soon. The black, thick, syrupy sweetness of Le Coq is really unmatched. In a world that's so crowded with stouts, this one stands out in the crowd.

No comments: