2.19.2009

The Belgian Cafe

So I actually had a night off work Wednesday so we decided to head down to the Belgian Cafe at 21st and Green. I loved it. It was like Monk's without the crowd. Laid back and chill, this is one of the best joints I've been to in Philly. The beer list was exceptional, the tap list leaving nothing to be desired, and the food stellar. The decor was a bit cheesy, with some of faggity art, but I really like the long layout on the corner. Service was stellar. I had Stoudt's Old Abominable and Barbar Winter Bock, both of which were tasty and reasonably priced. The food (frites, mussel soup, scallops and chicken tenders) was delicious and cheap. I really enjoyed my time there and I recommend this place to everyone. Go!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you kidding me??? faggity art?
It's beautiful art. you don't know what you're talking about. you'd probably rather see mash tuns painted on the walls or something.

Jon (aka santoslhalper) said...

Hahahahaha!!! Good call. Hey to each their own, and that just wasn't my style. How can I not know what I'm talking about when it comes to my own personal taste in art, anyway? I was just commenting that I thought it was a bit fruity.